question

techsavvy avatar image
techsavvy asked ·

Fire App Builder...Search not working

I am using Fire App Builder and the app loads fine but whenever I try to search, I can only click one character in the search box and then it freezes and reloads the app. Does something need to be configured for Search to work?

fire tvfire app builder
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It works, by the way, in the emulator. Just not on Fire Tv.

0 Likes 0 ·
techsavvy avatar image
techsavvy answered ·

So I have a couple hundred feeds in my app and it seems when I only have a few, search works. When I add them all is when I seem to have a problem. Is it too many results? Is there some way to configure it to handle that many?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi techsavvy,

Currently search is by default using synchronous request and thus causing this issue.
There is an asynchronous version implementation available within the Fire App Builder code.

You need to change a function call:
1) Go to the following class: src/main/java/com/amazon/android/contentbrowser/ContentBrowser.java
2) Change the call of syncSearch to asyncSearch in the search function.