question

GS avatar image
GS asked

My Skill got certified but not in US even though I selected it in the country list

Time and again my skill "What's my dessert" has gone live but the certification authority has unchecked the skill from the US markets. The response I get is your skill will be published shortly in US markets, but the US market is unchecked from the "publishing information" tab of the Alexa skill. This has happened repeatedly. The first time I thought that I must have not selected US, but the second and third time I did make the change including the US markets. I want to know, if it is even ethical for the certification authority to do so? Why am I being denied from the skill going live in US market where one can expect some traction for the skill.

alexa skills kitsubmission testing certificationcertification
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered

Hi GS. My initial thought is that this has to do with your skill's language tabs, and the countries selected for distribution. We have a KB article on the subject here:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/45355/international-skill-distribution.html

If you'd like us to look into this a bit deeper though, can you please provide the skill ID of the skill in question?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GS avatar image
GS answered

Thank you for suggesting the article. I already took care of the requirements suggested in the article. Apparently the issue is with the user interface. My skill is live now.