question

Chad L. Hutson avatar image
Chad L. Hutson asked ·

Alarm Groups

I would be nice if alarms could be set to groups. For example, I can currently play music to the Everywhere group. I would like to be able to do something like this: "Alexa, set alarm for 3pm, Everywhere"

Then my alarm will ring in every room that has an Echo.

alexa skills kitecho
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered ·

Hi Chad,

If you set an alarm in one registered alexa account and if you use the same alexa account to register in different devices then the same alarm will work on all registered alexa devices because alarm details are not device specific, it's account specific so if you are using same account it will work accordingly.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It doesn't seem to work that way on my devices: If you set an alarm or timer on one device, then that's the only device from which you are allowed to cancel it. I agree with Chad: I would like to set alarm and timers on the "downstairs" group because I really don't know where I'll be when it goes off, but don't want it going off in the bedrooms.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-abfe36f0-706e-498e-bf25-a3a14c850996 avatar image
newuser-abfe36f0-706e-498e-bf25-a3a14c850996 answered ·

Yes this would be nice. I have a doctors appointment at 2.. I am afraid I will get busy and forget about time. I want the alarm to ring on all my devices at 12:30. So I want to say “Alexa set the alarm for 12:30 pm on home group.” I would be so grateful....and on time.

WPB avatar image
WPB answered ·

After Google'ing this -- evidently this feature of alarms on multiple devices, has become a very popular request.

Feature Request in Detail:

Please add the feature of allowing alarms in multiple rooms using the same system already build for "Alexa Multi-Room Music (MRM)".

For example, once groups of devices are connected via the Alexa app with named-groups (example "upstairs" or "everywhere") you could set an alarm in the same way you play music in multiple groups.

In other words, to play music in multiple rooms you use

• Alexa, play music [everywhere]

Using the same feature for alarms, you would use:

• Alexa, set alarm [everywhere] at...

(or)

• Alexa, set alarm [9 minutes] for [Spaghetti]
  • Alexa, play alarm [Spaghetti] .. [everywhere]