question

newuser-0d397843-7549-4725-b692-db9d67e07efa avatar image
newuser-0d397843-7549-4725-b692-db9d67e07efa asked ·

Account linking but no access token after a day

I have set up account linking for my skill and everything goes well. Log in, log out, get access_token.

But sometimes, after a long time standby(e.g one day), the session will not contain access_token though my skill is still remain log in. I have to disable my skill and enable it to log in again. Since I re-link account, it works fine. The session will contain access_token.

Why it happens or are there any set up for skill to keep session send access_token back to me anytime even already standby for long time?

skillaccount linkingecho
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chen Levkovich avatar image
Chen Levkovich answered ·

Just use Conversation.one , it comes with everything inside, including account-linking

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered ·

Are you using Auth Code Grant or Implicit Grant? Sounds like the Token might be expiring within 24 hours and Alexa doesn't know how to get an updated Access Token.

Types of Account Linking

2 comments

I am using Implicit grant. My web system shows that Amazon does not always ask for access token only if we login. Is that because Amazon will not auto ask for new access token after the eldder one is expire? Or should I auto send new access token?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jenn@amazon avatar image Jenn@amazon newuser-0d397843-7549-4725-b692-db9d67e07efa ·

Implicit Grant doesn't include a refresh token, so we won't automatically request a new token. I believe as part of the Implicit spec for OAuth 2.0, user have to re-authenicate once the token expires.

0 Likes 0 ·