question

HCA Dev Team avatar image
HCA Dev Team asked ·

Resource hungry ReportState

For new versions of HCA we will proactively report state of endpoints to meet the v3 API requirements, however, for existing and older versions the implementation will be based on the end point state being retrievable.

We have implemented this and noticed that while the state cannot be retrieved via voice command, it can be retrieved via the new version of the Alexa App. This is however very resource intensive as each device is a separate call to the Lambda function. I imagine this will rapidly use up the free Lamda daily quota, in addition it is adding considerable load to our cloud database as each Lamda call requires queries and updates.

When ReportState is needed for multiple end points, this should be made as a single Lambda request rather than separate.

alexa smart home
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nickmadge avatar image
nickmadge answered ·

Out of interest - can you get thermostat ReportState to work? It doesn't seem to fire at all when I go into a temp device in the app. Lights work fine

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I haven't tried it yet. Do you mind opening a new post with your question and we can follow up with you on the new topic?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered ·

Thanks for the post. I'll pass on the feedback and feature request to our SmartHome Dev Team.