question

Nazariy avatar image
Nazariy asked ·

Long Delay when sending Audio Stream with Offset

Hi! So I am creating a skill with the Audio directive, and am having a bit of an issue when sending Alexa a big offset.

My Audio file is an MP3 file stored on S3 and has a file size of 18 MB. It is about 27 minutes long.

Now when sending the audio files without the offsetInMilliseconds it plays the Audio file right away.

However, when I send an offset of like 300,000, there is a 5-second delay, and then it starts playing.

So I wanted to ask if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong! Appreciate the help! I am still learning about Alexa Skills honestly!

And the interesting thing is that when I send too big of an offset like 700,000 milliseconds, it will simply error out, with a response of "Buffered for longer than 30 seconds"

alexa skills kitaudioaudioplayer
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered ·

This is normal behavior. It's taking a bit to cache/skip ahead due to the size of the audio file.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.