question

Hermann Ytembe avatar image
Hermann Ytembe asked

Not able to update the app

Hello, I have changed the package name of my app to have it more SEO friendy and made a new icon. Also some bugs fixed. Is it then possible to update it ? I'm receiving following message: "Failed to upload binary. The package name of the uploaded binary does not match the one in the previous version. Contact us for more information." Thanks for your assistance.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Hermann, Any update to an application requires the same package name as your initial submission. As the Android OS will see this as a different app in addition to our portal's validation step. The app's user ID, process name, etc are all based on this value so changing should not be taken lightly. In general, unless you have a very specific reason to do so, we would not suggest changing this as you will need to submit an entirely different app to change the package name.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.