question

james andresakis avatar image
james andresakis asked

Future plans for fling support?

Hello all,

Im currently looking over the fling sdk documentation for android/fireOS and fire tv OS and I noticed that the documentation seems to be out of date a bit. Are there any updates coming soon? I'm only asking because I would like to implement fling but I dont want to spend time on an api that wont see any support in the near future.

Any info on future plans for fling would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

fire tvandroidamazon fling
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi James,

Thanks for posting! Could you please link to an example of documentation that is out of date, so that I could notify the docs team to correct that?

Regrettably, we don't discuss any future plans regarding products, services, or feature updates. We will announce whenever new Fling versions are available. Thanks!

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Levon,

This is the link in particular I was speaking of - https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fling/integrating-amazon-fling-with-an-existing-android-cast-app.html

Basically the example projects use the older CastCompanion library. Our existing project uses the latest cast api v3 which essentially deprecates castcompanion and it looked like while it wouldnt be difficult to integrate the fling sdk in our existing apps, it might take longer than we have available in order to have it working properly using the cast v3 apis. At the moment the cast companion git page mentions not to use cast v3 when using the companion library.

While the documentation on that page is not technically out of date, the cast companion library itself hasnt really been updated in quite some time.

see here - https://github.com/googlecast/CastCompanionLibrary-android

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi James,

Thanks for additional details. I have forwarded your comments to the Fling team to review. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi James,

Currently, we are supporting the Fling SDK integration with Google Cast only using the CastCompanionLibrary.

However, we acknowledge your request and will review it for inclusion in one of the future releases for Fling. Thanks!

10 |5000