question

surlac avatar image
surlac asked

ASK deploy with account linking

How would I deploy my skill with account linking enabled using ASK CLI? Tried to modify "/.ask/config" by adding "accountLinkingRequest" [1]. Doesn't work. It's possible to do "ask deploy" and "ask api create-account-linking", but last command takes user to interactive mode; would like to feed account linking details to "ask" from a file instead.

[1]: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/smapi/account-linking-schemas.html

alexa skills kitaccount linkingask clismapialexa command line interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

AwesomeAaron@AMZN avatar image
AwesomeAaron@AMZN answered

Hi surlac,

We think account linking info is very private, so we don't encourage the users to store those info in a file.

Do you think that CLI takes params by flag would be a good idea (i.e. `ask api create-account-linking --clientId <clientId> --authorizationUrl <url> ...`) In this way, you can automate the process. And no sensitive data saved in skill package.

We are really open for suggestions.

Thanks,

Aaron

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

+1 to this idea, or alternatively have a -f parameter where you can point to a json file based on the account linking request schema.

Specifically the ability to specify the account linking details on the command line would be useful for automated deployment.

1 Like 1 ·

I would like CLI support for automation of the Account Linking details as well. The command line parameters you suggest would be great. I know file based storage is discouraged for account linking details, but the ability to take a config file via command line would also be very helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Quinto avatar image
Jose Quinto answered

+1 to this idea. It would be awesome to have account linking in the deployment automated process

10 |5000

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hello Surlac,

Thanks for the great feature request. I'd suggest posting this as a feature request in our ideas space here.

10 |5000