I used the following pipeline to launch my fire tv app from android application and it worked completely fine for the last year till update 18.104.22.168 was released and now it does not. Please, let me know if I did something wrong, but from my point of view it seems like DIAL broke in 22.214.171.124
My pipeline is described below:
I am getting Location Url on my M-Search as:
And I get my "Application-URL" header as:
I have registered my application on http://www.dial-multiscreen.org/dial-registry/namespace-database
and setted up my whisperplay.xml as
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><whisperplay> <services> <service> <sid>com.megacast.player</sid> <accessLevel>ALL</accessLevel> <startService>com.megacast.player.fixed.PlayerService</startService> </service> </services> <dial> <application> <dialid>com.megacast.player</dialid> <startAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</startAction> </application> </dial> </whisperplay>
by using this link:
I have added this line
<meta-data android:name="whisperplay" android:resource="@xml/whisperplay" />
to my application in Android manifest in my Fire TV app.
And still, when I am trying to perform GET request on http://192.168.1.3:8009/apps/com.megacast.player
I get only "Error 404, Not found." error. But in Fire TV versions before 126.96.36.199 it have launched the application.