question

micronick avatar image
micronick asked

Can Amazon pass me additional variables during account linking?

First off, to clarify this is not a dup of another question, where the person asked if he could pass back additional params to Amazon during account linking.

Back to my question - I have a skill for Realtor's clients. They can share my skill's link with their clients. When the clients download the skill using that link, I want to identify which realtor they belong to (i.e what is the referral source of this download). Is it possible that Alexa can pass an additional variable to my website's register/login page when it sends the user for account linking?

The authorization_url and client_id are fixed in my Skill config, so I can't change those. Any other ideas? I have tried to tack on a parameter to my skill like so, but it never gets sent to my account linking page:

https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#skills/dp/MYSKILLID_HERE/?ref=skill_dsk_skb_sr_0&;REALTOR_CODE=1

alexa skills kitaccount linking
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Fynn avatar image
Fynn answered

the account linking url is a static url so you can't achieve this on your login page afaik.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.