question

hpposch avatar image
hpposch asked

How to develop a smart home device for alexa?

Hi,

i am wondering how i can develop a smart home device that connects to alexa and shows inside the smart home devices menu from alexa. So for my use case i already have hardware that controls my smart home, but i want to enable this one for my alexa. The most important thing is that everything must be easy to use, so i just want to search alexa for new devices inside the network and everything else should be done by my software. At the end i want a list of devices that can be controlled.

I have already looked and searched around a little bit but i dont understand how these systems fit together... Do i ned a custom skill which then adds the devices to my alexa or can this be done without any skill? For example is there something like an standard API for adding devices to the smart home list of alexa?

I hope it is clear what i want to create?! If not please ask for more details. Thanks in advance!

alexa smart homehow-to
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.