question

Zippse avatar image
Zippse asked

AMAZON.Literal alternative for random text input

Hello,

I'm working on a task management skill for companies.

To save tasks, I need a slot, which accepts random texts.

I tried to create a generic slot with random utterances, but the result is really poor.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Greetings,

Michael

skillhow-totext-to-speech
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Voiceflow avatar image
Voiceflow answered

Not sure if I understand what you mean by 'random text' but I think you could just be looking to accept everything said by the user.

See scenario #3 mid-way down this page.

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/Tx3IHSFQSUF3RQP/Why-a-Custom-Slot-is-the-Literal-Solution

4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Perfect, this works better. I tried this solution already, but I had an other issue, which dropped the accuracy of this solution. I was able now to fix this issue now! Thanks for the hint

0 Likes 0 ·

Glad you were able to fix the issue! Using the above method should get you what you want in terms of whatever the user says.

0 Likes 0 ·
Zippse avatar image Zippse Jamie Grossman ♦♦ ·

@Jamie@Amazon I'm using this as required slot in a dialog model. Now, If a user has to fulfill this slot, sometimes the alexa skill kit detects an other intent because the "random text" matches to an other intent. Is it possible to force the skill to stay in the intent during the fulfilling process?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments