question

stefan222 avatar image
stefan222 asked

AmazonAppstore.IAP/SubmitMetricAction: Unsupported metric received, JsonParsingFailed

My app was rejected by the Amazon Appstore because the IAP isn't working. Anyway, the IAP is working in the debug version of the app using the Amazon App Tester. Furthermore the test version of the app (Amazon beta test) works fine too. But during the official review of the Amazon team the IAP fails.

There's a strange error message in the log:

09-25 16:59:27.727 15127 15409 E AmazonAppstore.IAP/SubmitMetricAction: Unsupported metric received: MetricName: JsonParsingFailed, MetricData: {"jsonString":"{\"sku\":\"2278\",\"title\":\"Pro Version, 1 Month\",\"description\":\"Pro version: Get additional features for 1 month!\",\"iconUrl\":\"http:\\\/\\\/ecx.images-amazon.com\\\/images\\\/I\\\/61vHhABBwCL._SL110_FMPNG_h1_.png\",\"itemType\":\"CONSUMABLE\"}","description":"a.onResult()"}

The app uses IAP library version 2.0.76.

I have no idea what happens here. Has anyone else encountered something like this? Any ideas how to solve this?

iapamazon appstoretestinglive app testing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for posting! We also received your "Contact Us" case, and are now looking into it. I will respond to your Contact Us case as soon as I have any updates. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.