question

olympusat avatar image
olympusat asked

How to control IAP tester app interception?

It says in the Amazon documentation for the IAP tester app:

"Before you publish your app to the Developer Portal, the app runs in sandbox mode. The IAP API detects this mode automatically. API requests are not sent to the Appstore; they are redirected locally to App Tester." Source: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/testing-iap

We now have the app published, in production, and are working on some modifications for a later version. I sometimes run the production app on the FireTV device, and sometimes the development app (same app id). I need to be sure when the IAP calls are routed via the app tester sandbox and when not. How does the "automatic detection" work? Can I control the flow somehow?

iapfire tvtestingapp
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Olympusat,

Thanks for posting! It's easy to know whether your app will use the App Tester app locally for IAP, or whether it will connect to Amazon servers. Any binary that you build locally and have *not* uploaded to Amazon, will use App Tester locally. Any binary that you uploaded and got processed by Amazon, and then you downloaded and installed on your device (even if you have App Tester app installed on that device), such a processed binary will always connect to Amazon servers and ignore App Tester and the JSON file on your device. I hope that answers your question. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.