question

newuser-2b220425-c85b-4e00-aeff-6fe1458e9750 avatar image

Do we receive a registration confirmation for Alexa DevDay?

Hi,

after the registration for the Alexa Dev Day in Berlin on October 10th we didn't receive a registration confirmation after 4 days. Do we have to wait for a confirmation or can we attend to the event without one?

Thanks a lot and Best Regards

alexa dev days
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

johannes avatar image
johannes answered

Hello,

Thanks for posting on the forums. You should have received a confirmation email. Please try to register again.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MIchael Pittinger Sr avatar image
MIchael Pittinger Sr answered

same question, and the answer is not valid...... since now there is a waiting list. We registered, got no conformation and will have to travel to get to the event. Amazon needs to step up and be professional about this and provide a confirmation system or email. and now i see after registering again that i am on a WAIT LIST.....Pathetic.....

1 comment
10 |5000

Jonathan Horniblow avatar image Jonathan Horniblow commented ·

I cannot promise that you will get in, but with these events they count on over 50% of people not turning up. When I went to the event in Manchester, a whole load of people had registered but were not on the system - they were simply issued with hand-written badges on the day after showing their mobile phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
johannes avatar image
johannes answered

Hello,

If you still experience issues with registering for an event, please reach out to us via the following link:

https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/contact/contact-us

Also make sure to check your spam folders. Emails might have been redirected there.

10 |5000

Jeffrey avatar image
Jeffrey answered

I also have to travel but got a confirmation. Can events be canceled X days up front, or are they guaranteed to happen?

1 comment
10 |5000

johannes avatar image johannes ♦ commented ·

Hi Jeffrey,

Even though we cannot guarantee that an event will happen due to unforeseen circumstances (natural disasters, etc.), so far none of the Dev Days have been cancelled and we will do our utmost to make sure that they go ahead as planned.

1 Like 1 ·