question

newuser-80723e68-22af-4f59-b0fe-13489766795f avatar image

Smart Home Skill v2 and v3

Is it possible to be able to have one Smart Home Skill that can run both version 2 and 3 or will I need two separate Smart Home Skill, one that runs v2 devices and the other running v3 devices? I'm currently working on a project to incorporate entertainment devices into my already made lambda function that is running v2 devices but it seems almost impossible to intergrate both.

skillalexa smart homelambdadevices
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

Thank you for your question, let me consult our product teams and get back to you ASAP.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Heard back from our Product Team: As of yesterday (9/27/17), the Smart Home API has been upgraded so that all APIs are available as payloadversion=3 messages. We encourage you to create a single skill using payloadversion=3 messages

0 Likes 0 ·
Tahir avatar image
Tahir answered
@Jenn@amazo

I have similar issue but currently we are not working on payload v3.

10 |5000