question

Crile Carvey avatar image
Crile Carvey asked

Flash briefing, audio does not play

I have a Flash Briefing skill in test. It works fine with a text content type. However, it does not work with an audio content type. The only message I get is that the briefing "isn't available right now." How can I get more detail on the problem?

audioflash briefing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chucklapress avatar image
chucklapress answered

Check the following, make sure that you are presenting properly formatted JSON via : https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/flash-briefing-skill-api-feed-reference, make sure that the audio is encoded the correct way and that the date is current, if the date of the feed is old it will give you an issue, and I discovered the best testing device is an actual echo or dot not the amazon app or echosim.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Crile Carvey avatar image
Crile Carvey answered

We got it to work now, but did not do the analysis to see what was wrong. We reduced the mp3 volume and tweaked the updateDate value - must have been one of those two things.

1 comment
10 |5000

It was likely the updateDate value. We make sure it's been updated recently.

0 Likes 0 ·