question

Yoav Sion avatar image
Yoav Sion asked

Issue: Incorrect usage of Amazon IAP

What are the possible reasons for that issue to be raised when publishing an app to LAT?

My app works against the App Tester and even against the actual store when deployed through LAT, but that issue still exists and seems like it would be blocking me from going live with the app later on.

What I've done so far:

1. Added the ResponseReceiver to the app's manifest, as specified here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/implementing-iap#responsereceiver

2. Implemented a PurchasingListener.

3. Registered the above listener by calling `PurchasingService.registerListener(...)` – The listener seems to be working properly, as I'm getting responses from the PurchasingService for all of the calls that I need (`getPurchaseUpdates` and `purchase` – not calling the rest of the APIs in PurchasingService, as I don't need those).

4. Verified that the receipt I'm getting is valid through a backend call to RVS.

This all seems to be working just fine, but the LAT app submission is still showing the following issue, and I'd like to understand what are the possible reasons for it to be shown:

"Issue: Incorrect usage of Amazon IAP

Your app or game has not implemented receiver component or mandatory API calls corresponding to an IAP Purchase that you have initiated. This could lead to failed purchases."

I'd appreciate it if you listed all of the possible reasons, I'll just go ahead and verify that I've mitigated all of them, instead of going back and forth in the forum.

Thanks!

iaplive app testing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon answered

Hi @Yoav Sion,

This error is probably caused by you not calling function notifyFullfilment() in your code. For more information, please check https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/implementing-iap-2.0.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.