question

Gary Anderson avatar image
Gary Anderson asked

Demonstration App -- Psychologist App

This demonstration app, written by a couple of my Software Development students, integrates the Amazon Echo with the Eliza computer experiments with natural language processing for having a discussion with a Psychologist. https://youtu.be/u9_WoMMQ-10 --Gary Gary Anderson Math/Software Development Seattle Academy
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Loving these demos Gary - looks like the students had fun working with Alexa! The psychologist app reminds me of Dr Sbaitso on the SoundBlaster cards, remember that? :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Sbaitso
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Damian Finol avatar image
Damian Finol answered
Hello. I am Dr Sbaitso. Please tell me your name:
10 |5000

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
lol @ Damian :D
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Are you willing to share the intent schema for this? I'm working on a concept to use Echo to front end interactive fictions. However, for that the input is free format and I couldn't see how to fit it well into the intent-slot type structure. But Eliza is free format, so, obviously, you worked out how to do it. It would help me a lot if you would share or give me a pointer.
10 |5000

Gary Anderson avatar image
Gary Anderson answered
jjaquinta: To answer your question, the key is to give enough examples that have words and syllables that work with potential responses. Here are some intents that meet that need for these student's work. (I wish my students could respond to you, but Amazon has not approved their developer status before the end of our project and school year which limited the ability to make any of these projects into products). --Gary choice {goodbye|Choice} choice {I am|Choice} choice {I am tired|Choice} choice {I am tired today|Choice} choice {I am tired today but|Choice} choice {I am tired today but will|Choice} choice {I am tired today but will work |Choice} choice {I am tired today but will work on|Choice} choice {I am tired today but will work on getting|Choice} choice {I am tired today but will work on getting better.|Choice}
10 |5000