question

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers asked

Demo - Bitcoin value

Check the current value of Bitcoin in multiple currencies. Prices are calculated on an average across multiple global exchanges. https://jchivers.wistia.com/medias/qrf70pqhhr It's very basic :) I'll probably add the ability to have the app maintain the amount of BTC you own and then give you buy and sell pricing based on what you hold.
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg Crawford avatar image
Greg Crawford answered
Very nice!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Genius. Now to turn it into a modern stock ticker! Do any financial services have a web service for buying/selling shares? Integrate those in and call the app "Day Trader". :-)

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Thank you both :) I like the idea of a stock ticker - would be a good use case for when Echo gets support for push notifications ;) The day trader functionality would definitely be possible from what I've seen as many online brokerages offer APIs. The Bitcoin app came out of the 10* stock exchange apps I built and submitted for certification so far - as I wanted something that I'd probably use myself on a daily basis. I need to edit the demo videos for those apps tonight and I'll share out then if you're interested. Thanks again! Cheers, James * I've built 10 stock exchange apps for far, one app-per-exchange, as I was having difficulty with Alexa learning all possible symbol abbreviations from generic mixes of characters. The result was to create utterances that listed every possible symbol on a given exchange - and so I had to break out separate apps. See this thread for details: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5317&tstart=0 Message was edited by: James Chivers

hakan avatar image
hakan answered

It's a digital currency that has demand, everything with demand will get valuable especially when the supply is limited. But where does the demand come from? Is it popular simply because of speculation and media attention? If so, I can understand that most shares work in basically the same way the difference being that the investment there is also based on the assumption that you will make money. you just need to understand the strategy of crypto market and its up and down for this purpose, a crypto trading bot would be a suitable fit.