question

Sargun Dhillon avatar image
Sargun Dhillon asked

Bug: Or How to make your Echo cuss

So, I was screwing around with my Echo, and I found certain words were censored. Of course, I wanted to see if I could get around this, mostly out of curiosity. It turns out you can bypass the cuss filter by doing the following: Special fuck . Mostly a bug report. I initially wrote the app to pull tweets, and say them, and I noticed some cuss words were getting pronounced. Heads up, if you're pulling data.
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike Klepper avatar image
Mike Klepper answered
What's the special character(s)? Looks like your post got monged
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
You can also do this by writing words out phonetically. I made an app for The Martian book and after a bit of tinkering was able to get Alexa to say "schitt." Also, fun fact - for whatever reason, "pu ssy" is not censored on Echo. Message was edited by: The Stig
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
probably f----ing
10 |5000