question

newuser-69556acf-a630-45ff-811d-2cbc4d4bf9d6 avatar image

Alexa custom skill does not find the correct word in my custom slot type list when invoking a skill with a specific intent?

A strange error keeps occurring for me. I have a custom slot type made with various first and last names in it. When i try to invoke the skill with a specific intent that uses a name from the custom slot type, it does not grab the correct name, (even worse, it does not grab a name from the list at all!). But, when I first launch the skill, keep the session active, and then call the intent request, it grabs the correct name, which makes me wonder why it does not work when i try to just call the specific intent when launching the skill. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Ideally I would still want to call the specific intent on launch.

alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm not sure I have been able to reproduce this, at least to the same effect as described. As this issue is specific to your account, please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further with the relevant app title, id, etc.

Regards,

Jamie

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.