question

Seppi avatar image
Seppi asked

AWS Lambda or EC2?

Hey everybody,

first of all thanks for the help. I want to publish a skill for Alexa. I need a place to deploy my skill. I know the normal way is to use AWS Lambda. But I think that wont do for my skill. I have a Node.js backend that runs everything. Every player has their own score and variabels. So should I use a EC2 instead or am I getting it all wrong?

Thanks!

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceskilllambda
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

meep avatar image
meep answered

I use EC2 with Ubuntu running Apache, MySQL, Node.js and Node-Red. Have my cert set up in Apache and use reverse-proxy to the other services so no pfaffing around with multipole cert/security set ups. Works great.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pete S avatar image
Pete S answered

Why can't you use Lambda? Every player having having their own score and variables is easily handled within session state whilst the user is interacting with your skill and DynamoDB for long term storage. Both of which work great with Lambda (which can run a node.js engine).

10 |5000