question

laynr avatar image
laynr asked

Rejected Skills List

Please post Skills that have been rejected by Amazon here.

Even when complying with Amazons stated content guidelines, Amazon reserves the right to reject Skills, "not all skills will be made available on Amazon Echo".

This ambiguity cast uncertainty for developers in: 1. Deciding to invest time and resources in developing custome skills for personal projects. 2. Entering into a contract to develope a skill for a client.

Perhaps, creating a collection of rejected skills can help fellow developers and business in making the determination if proceeding in skill development is worth the risk.

Not intended to be negative.

alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

laynr avatar image
laynr answered
Rejected Skill: Scripture Reader Skill Description: Ask Alexa to read any scripture passage by saying the Book, Chapter, and Verse. Scripture included; The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments (King James Version - KJV), The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ ,The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and The Pearl of Great Price. Reason Rejected: "not all skills will be made available on Amazon Echo" Similar Skills: Bible, The Bible, The Scriptures Skill Source Code: https://github.com/laynr/Gospel-Library
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NYCSLP avatar image
NYCSLP answered
My denial verbatim = "We don't allow skills that recommend skills to customers at this time. We will contact you once this feature is available" So, pretty much. Your skill is denied, we will let you know when WE put it out. Was I just robbed? ha That might get a few developers nervous about the hours and hours they spent coding their ideas. Keep in mind everyone, your skill can be denied with little to no reason. That reason might just be, "you can't do that, we want to".
10 |5000

NYCSLP avatar image
NYCSLP answered
i guess it's just us my friend, since every other odd skill under the sun seems to have gotten certified. ;)
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I've had plenty of rejected skills. But after enough fighting, all but one eventually got certified. I just have to work up the will power to fight for the last one on my current list.
10 |5000

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
I have plenty ideas for skills that WILL be rejected. I just haven't gotten around to building them yet. =)
10 |5000

newuser-f9a9737e-06ce-49b6-afaa-c265f3fd1c5c avatar image
newuser-f9a9737e-06ce-49b6-afaa-c265f3fd1c5c answered

I add an android app foe prediction football game freely with no recibe any mony from users. But rejected my app for real mony gambling. I send two letter in conact us but no one answer to me. How can i do it?

1 comment
10 |5000

johannes avatar image johannes ♦ commented ·

Hi,

Please let us know what your case ID is so that we can look into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
David B avatar image
David B answered

Weirdly similar to the other Bible-based skill mentioned on the thread, my rejected skill is an Audio Bible that allows to user to listen to any chapter of the Bible (WEB version). The Google Action version got accepted no problem.

10 |5000

newuser-00b272f5-6bb3-4843-a2b2-05f1f3405059 avatar image
newuser-00b272f5-6bb3-4843-a2b2-05f1f3405059 answered

I submitted so many variations of a ghost story skill that has professional narrators reading original ghost stories. Each time Amazon replies with the same response "While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling selection of skills to Amazon customers, not all skills will be made available on Amazon Alexa." All I want is a reason for why it is being rejected, but after several cases that I opened, Amazon just responds with the same boilerplate. THIS SHOULD BE VERY CONCERNING to all developers when a platform refuses to give you a reason for a rejection. Even Apple will jump on the phone and explain why.

1 comment
10 |5000

Zenon@Amazon avatar image Zenon@Amazon ♦ commented ·

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. As a developer you can submit feature requests and ideas in our uservoice space via the following link: https://alexa.uservoice.com/

Alternatively, you can submit a feature request through the Alexa app, by following the below instructions:

1. Open the Alexa Companion app.
2. Tap "Help & Feedback"
3. Tap "Send Feedback"
4. Fill out the form

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·