question

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse asked

alexa-app: Node.js framework for Alexa Skills: Looking for collaborator

The alexa-app framework ( https://github.com/matt-kruse/alexa-app) that I built for creating Alexa Skills has become pretty popular and is used by a lot of people. But since I've reduced my involvement with ASK, and the API continues to change, it is becoming a bit stale. There are a number of pull requests for changes that need to be considered and potentially merged. I just don't have time to commit to doing all of this and keeping the framework current. I'm looking for a collaborator who can help me maintain the library, add functionality, keep up with API changes, etc. If anyone is interested, let me know. Thanks!
alexa skills kitcommunity projects
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max McLennan avatar image
Max McLennan answered
I just started using alexa-app a few days ago and I love it. I do not feel that I am the right person for the job, but have you considered contacting https://github.com/rickwargo about this? His name is all over the alexa-app backlog of PRs, and I have seen him contributing to other Node.js Alexa projects as well.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse answered
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually working with someone now already. But if rickwargo wants to contact me, he is welcome to do so. :)
10 |5000

James L Guinn avatar image
James L Guinn answered

Matt, what is the best way to pose alexa-app specific questions, here in this forum or some other place?

Mine is two-fold. My app works fine, locally. When I upload it to Echo it prompts and reprompts, but if left to time-out, I get "There was a problem with the requested skills response." Any subsequent runs fail.

There's a million reasons this could be. I'm still working on my code and will try a few more things. My general question in the meantime would be how's the best way to share issues? Here or somewhere on github or where?

The app-server is working great for me. The NerdRanch tut to set it up is great. I'm probably not expert enough to contribute to your core code base, but I hope to offer any help I can in return for a tip if I can't figure this out in the next day or so. :-)

Quick update: I unhooked my db I/O and all is well. I'll revisit that later, but I still want to say "Hey" and mention how much I appreciate this great app!

10 |5000