question

hichamt avatar image
hichamt asked

Alexa Designer : A useful framework for Alexa devs

Hello Alexa wizards :) At Vocal Apps, we have been building tools to simplify the creation of voice based apps for years. As huge fans of Echo, it was a no brainer for us to build something for Alexa. [b]Alexa Designer[/b] Description: Alexa Designer is a companion SDK for ASK that allows you to: + Visually program your app thanks to the dialog flow editor + Enrich your training model thanks to our huge linguistic database (15 millions in 15 languages) + Automatically get your interaction model and your lambda function in the Alexa Model tab of your skill (eg utterances generator) + Speak to your skill directly in the browser (eg without having an Echo) + And much more in the pipe ! URL: A short step by step video here: http://vocal-apps.com/videos/tuto.mp4 Related Information: We are currently in private beta, drop me an email to have an invite ; ) Contact Info: Mail: hicham@vocal-apps.com Twitter: vocal_apps Website: http://vocal-apps.com
alexa skills kitcommunity projects
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Yeah, I was going to create an app like this too. But a few things held me back: 1) Your "step 7" isn't quite as simple as "cut and paste it into the alexa developer console". If you are aiming at people who can only point & click, they are going to run into a big, ugly mess when they hit that point. At least until Amazon decide to provide APIs for that bit. 2) Making something like this more than vaporware requires actual investment. The existing user base of Alexa developers is small, and it isn't clear that the potential user base is much larger. Amazon steadfastly refuse to release numbers even of how many Echos are sold. With no clear revenue stream, there's no way to even get close to recouping the time or money invested. With no payback, there's no incentive to maintain and further develop the platform. 3) I saw this: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=25594揺 It does the bulk of what I was thinking of doing anyway, using off the shelf tools. As for your specific proposal. Two quick observations: 1) I like the synonym generator. I not sure it would be all that useful in the long run, but it's a cute feature. You should consider releasing that as a cut-and-paste edit box on the web for existing utterance files. 2) What your video describes is purely a static conversational engine. The design I developed added boxes/nodes for storing and retrieving state, either in the session or in a back end object. Mine also let you add in javascript nodes where you could add branching or calculating business logic. You aren't going to be able to do anything "real" with this unless you have those sort of features. And that would catapult it out of the realm of "point and click" users, but still leave an actual javascript developer feeling somewhat limited. But good luck to you. I hope you get it past the vaporware stage!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Dear jjaquinta, First, thank you for your comments. I don't know eactly what is the project you are referring to in your reply. The only thing I can tell you is that [b]Alexa Designer is real :)[/b]. Everything you've seen in the video is already developed. I suggest you to request an account and see by yourself ;) From there I will love to hear your feedback as it is clear that we are just beginning the journey. All the best, and don't forget to ask for your account ;) Hicham
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Hi Alexa folks, I just sent a dozen beta test accounts, feel free to ask yours :) In any case your feedback is always welcome, here or by email All the best Hicham
10 |5000

pierrecayol avatar image
pierrecayol answered
Very nice and very intuitive ! Love it :)
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
@Pierre can't wait to see you publish an app now :) @all , we offer 3 months free access, get your invitations before the 30th of December ! >>> https://vocal-apps.com/invite.php <<<
10 |5000

klikdewasa avatar image
klikdewasa answered
good
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Hello friends :) We just added the "Connect with Amazon" button, so you can use Alexa Designer without invitation. Happy Holidays Hicham
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Hi Alexa friends ! Some news on AD. => released a "Social Development" feature that allows you to share slots and intents with the community => released a "Voice Tester" that allows you to talk to your skill from your browser => many issues fixed All this is in beta, but constantly improving. Let us know what you think or ask our support team => support@vocal-apps.com Best, Hicham from Vocal Apps
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered

Farewell Alexa Designer, Welcome Smartly.ai !

Dear friends,

following an awesome journey with 500 of Alexa developers, we are happing to announce that we will continue to provide you our framework for Alexa Skills creation under a new brand: Smartly.ai

Smartly is about connecting people to technology through Conversational AI.

Alexa was a good start with a voice actived availble to millions, but there are other conversational platforms to explore: Smart devices (smart cars, smart homes, robots), Chatbots (FB Messenger, Skype, Slack, SMS, ...) You can read more on this here. And try us out here.

We would love to continue to build awesome skills with you all, and of course, you are really welcome to ping us anytime for supporting you to succeed in your projects.

Cheers & Love from Paris

Hicham and the Smart guys ;)

10 |5000