question

isaacl avatar image
isaacl asked

Now Playing "card" on Echo Show

Just got my Echo Show so that we can test our skill on it.

I got the "The AudioPlayer directive "PlayDirective" is not supported" message last night like everyone else, but that now seems to be resolved.

Now, when the skill uses AudioPlayer to play audio, the Show shows a screen that says "Now Playing" with a music icon and a line, but I haven't seen any way to customize the info that the Now Playing screen/card shows, so that we can either update that constantly with updated info, or even show a static image and text.

Is there any documentation on that, or any way to control that at this point?

Thanks!

audioecho show
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on future plans, but I'd suggest keeping an eye on our developer blog here where we will post any updates regarding the matter.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bladerunner avatar image
Bladerunner answered

Yes, documentation would be great. I'm surprised this info wasn't ready for the dev community on day one.

10 |5000

isaacl avatar image
isaacl answered

Anyone have any ideas?

10 |5000

Bladerunner avatar image
Bladerunner answered

Nope, and nothing yet on video Flash Briefings too. Not sure why their slow rolling this as some organizations had theirs in the Skill Store on launch day.

10 |5000

Joseph Kesselman avatar image
Joseph Kesselman answered

Documented now, certainly; search for "Alexa display cards". That isn't a complete answer -- it lets me substitute another card for the player card, which means I lose the moving-light animation bar and the playback control buttons, and it isn't being very consistent about how long it stays on screen -- but it at least lets me get part of the behavior I want.

10 |5000