question

TinyJosh avatar image
TinyJosh asked

FireTV-07- Menu: Users are unable to navigate all options - Remote and Gamepad

I submitted my app for release and got the feedback, that I don't support FireTV. Sadly, I'm not able to understand the Generic-Navigation issue. Maybe somebody could explain what the issue is trying to tell me

Generic - Navigation FireTV-07- Menu: Users are unable to navigate all options - Remote and Gamepad

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install and launch the app

Actual Result: Observe user is unable to navigate to menu buttons/options
Expected Result: User should be able to highlight, navigate and select all the accessible app content.

There is no menu available in my app - so pressing the menu/option does nothing. According to documentation that seems to be okay:

4.6 All Remaining Buttons

• Test: Press all remaining buttons.
  • Expected Results: There are no behavior requirements for these remaining buttons. However:
  • Single button presses must not exit the user to the Home screen.
  • Buttons may navigate the user backwards in the UI.
  • If the user is in the app’s main menu (or an equivalent starting point for UI navigation), your app may use a button press to exit.

I'm happy of any kind of feedback! Case-id: 2255676971

fire tvapp submission and updatesreviewsdocumentation
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do you resolved this issue, I had same this issue, could you help me give me solution ?

1 Like 1 ·
TinyJosh avatar image
TinyJosh answered

This is an urgent issue for my company - is there any help out there?

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered

Hi TinyJosh,

It looks like the latest version of your app is live and has been available for customers since 7/2/17.

10 |5000

newuser-e51f1792-a053-479f-9a99-c219fb36fecc avatar image
newuser-e51f1792-a053-479f-9a99-c219fb36fecc answered

@Ross@Amazon @TinyJosh

I also got the same issue reported and have no clue what does it mean! In my app also, I do not have any menu or options. I don't know what are they talking about. I tested the app locally on my FireTV Stick and all works fine.

Please provide some insight.

10 |5000