question

newuser-5ac02636-99f3-46da-b9a3-df1f232d4201 avatar image

This device does not support Alexa video features

After discovery device, show a message as "This device does not support Alexa video features" under device name and the skill seems not working, when I say "turn on device", My Echo responded that "Device doesn't support that", when I say "Show me star war movies", then the Echo responded "To look for movies, first go setup on Alexa........ ", What's wrong with my code? Can someone help me?

devicesvideo skill api
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nyerel avatar image
nyerel answered

My skill also shows "This device does not support Alexa video features" while choosing discovered devices, but otherwise it works... I'm not very far in the implementation, but it seems to send a RemoteVideoPlayer request to my lambda function (that's as far as I got for now).

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

digisam avatar image
digisam answered

There might be a lot wrong with your code, but without seeing it or knowing more there isn't much anyone can do.

My interpretation of what "This device does not support Alexa video features" mean is that the device isn't an Echo Show. As like NewUser-9c29aeae-7221-4778-9ed7-bfcd22ecad0c I have sucessfuly been able to send RemoteVideoPlayer requests even though it says "This device does not support Alexa video features".

10 |5000