question

Andre Schroeter avatar image
Andre Schroeter asked

should the video skills api work for german?

i have just tried the video skills api and noticed the following problems:

- the device is added to the smart home device list, but is not switchable

- the TV&VIDEO section does not exist. clicking on the button tu configure anything just shows a blank page

- i have found not a single sentence that would trigger an vide skill event. some times alexa gives an error sound, but most of the time i just get silence as a response

- is there a better way to test as trying random sentences? a test tab in the skill configuration similar to the custom skill test would be great

- how do you let alexa know which channels (numeric range and station names) are supported?

video skill api
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

This could be related.

Update: German phrases are now supported. Please check out the updated knowledge base article.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andre Schroeter avatar image
Andre Schroeter answered

at least the problem with the missing TV&VIDEO is solved. you have to enter at least one sample sentence in the skill configuration. then it is visible.

but the skill still does not work. so it is probably another issue of german not working as is the case for all new smart home features also...

10 |5000

Sebastian avatar image
Sebastian answered

I have the same Problem. I can link the video skill with my service account and can access "tv & video" section of my skill.

But I didn't receive any calls to my AWS Lambda function. So I didn't have any device in the "tv & video" section. I expect to receive an 'Alexa.Discovery' call, or I am wrong?

10 |5000