question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

Providing Cert team with "test accounts"

The cert team said it would be "great if I could provide [them] with some test accounts" to test me skill. That's all they said. I guess I'd be happy do if they gave me an inkling of how to do this. Any ideas how to pass on this information when I resubmit my skill. Create a special intent just for them, "Alexa, tell the cert team the test account information....?"
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
They are probably under the impression that your skill is linked to an outside account. It's a reasonable thing to ask if that's the case. If it isn't the case, it makes no sense. But I've found the cert team to be wildly varying in skill level so... shrug.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Yeah, it's all making sense now. The request for "test accounts" and the requirement that I use account linking. They think there's something to log into...but there's not. I think I am going to provide a special intent when I resubmit, just for them. Then Alexa can explain what's going on....
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
That's novel. I've found it incredibly frustrating that you can't provider "implementation notes" to the cert team. Often I've chosen a specific style of implementation for very conscious reasons. For example they tried to get me to do something differently because it would be easier to maintain. Well, my design methodology is that user experience trumps all. In this case I felt the harder-to-maintain implementation gave a better user experience. Better to spend more of my time, then ask (hopefully) hundreds of users to have a worse experience. Anyway... having an intent to read them the "implementation notes"... that's clever. Call the intent INVOKE_THIS_FIRST. :-)
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Well, I'll let you know how they react to the forCertTeamOnly intent (beyond telling me that I have to remove the intent for certification.)
10 |5000