question

nyerel avatar image
nyerel asked ·

How to make the video skill api tutorial work?

I'm doing the step-by-step tutorial. I've created the lambda fn, set the skill up for testing (I've used Login with Amazon), and enabled the skill in the app (android, 2.0.1114.0). There's a button in the skill detail that says 'Manage in TV & video', but there is no section 'TV & video', neither in the android app nor in the web app, and when I press the button only blank screen shows. Alexa recognized an 'Upstairs Amazon Player' device, but that's it. When I ask to play something, she responds with 'To play a video, make sure to link a video provider...'.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I wait a little for the apps to be updated?

video skill api
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Investigating.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jamie@Amazon avatar image
Jamie@Amazon answered ·

You most likely need to upload a small image icon in the "publishing info" section. Have you tried this yet?

2 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This worked for me - I had been pulling my hair out trying to work out what was wrong!

0 Likes 0 ·

Unbelievable that this is the answer to be able to test a dev skill when the docs clearly indicate you test before launch. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·