question

VinHombre avatar image
VinHombre asked

Skill Builder - Are custom skill Required Slots broken?

I created a skill a couple days ago and marked three of the four slots in my intent as required. I'm using multi-turn dialogs in my skill and everything was working great. Today, I decided to change the name of one of the slots. After saving and rebuilding the Interaction Model, when I invoke my skill, Alexa says, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try in a little while." If I simply uncheck the 'REQ' field for the slots, the skill works as before (albeit without any required fields). Did something change?

Other Info:

• I am using the Skill Builder beta
  • My skill interacts with a custom web service
  • The LaunchRequest continues to pass through to the web service when slots are marked as required.
  • Attempting to invoke "the intent with the required slots" (via Alexa) when slots are marked as required does not hit my web service.
alexa skills kitskillintents
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

seob04 avatar image seob04 commented ·

Stucked at the same, take me 3 hours to found out, that "REQ" on a slot, result in complete broken skill!

0 Likes 0 ·
Tad Davis avatar image
Tad Davis answered

They appear to be broken at the moment, still trying to get confirmation. There have been a lot of reports of the same issue; Required Slots cause the skill to break.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

VinHombre avatar image
VinHombre answered

FYI - It's been fixed. You can resolve this issue by building your skill models again by clicking Build Model in Skill Builder (beta). https://forums.developer.amazon.com/answers/75036/view.html

10 |5000

rahul avatar image
rahul answered

After the rebuild it worked for once but then now getting error on skill not found.

1 comment
10 |5000

Brian@Amazon avatar image Brian@Amazon ♦ commented ·

Can you please provide your skillid here or elsewhere?

0 Likes 0 ·