question

Lawrence Krubner avatar image
Lawrence Krubner asked

How much money, if any, does Amazon charge for our skills?

I've been looking around trying to figure out what the fee structure is for the Echo skills. I can not find this information. Is there a fee structure? Can someone point me to this information? Apple is currently charging about 30% for apps in its app store. What does Amazon charge?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
Well, if Amazon is charging the same amount as Apple, they'd be bringing in 30% of $0, because there's no paid marketplace. As skill creators, we are paid nothing by Amazon, and Amazon charges nothing to users, for now. That doesn't mean you aren't welcome to monetize in your own way (like by driving traffic to your website), just that there's no built-in mechanism.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lawrence Krubner avatar image
Lawrence Krubner answered
@Galactoise, thank you. I was hoping that was true. We plan to give our app away for free and then monetize our service in other ways. I was worried Amazon would enforce some payment scheme. I am pleased to think they are not doing so.
10 |5000

newuser-e534a8d8-1208-4a68-8601-4d23f0b19655 avatar image
newuser-e534a8d8-1208-4a68-8601-4d23f0b19655 answered

Can you please help me to Register my Company for Alexa skill set? What are the charges if we have to add our own command then what are the charges?

10 |5000