I submitted my skill for certification and it was rejected because of the following interactions:
- User: Alexa, ask zone calculator to look up
- Skill fails to reach the end-point and responds with “Hmm, something went wrong, try again in a few minutes.”
- User: Alexa, open zone calculator
- Skill: Welcome to Zone Calculator. I will tell you the USPS postal zone for a pair of zipcodes.
- User: get a zone
- Skill fails to reach the end-point and responds with and responds with “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try in a little while”
Our beta testers are not able to reproduce those results. Edit: since rebuilding the model, we are now getting these same results.
The "Sorry..." messages are not emitted by the skill. It seems like they are occurring outside of the skill itself?
We are using the `Dialog` interface, so maybe it's something going wrong with that? The skill is hosted on Lambda.
Any ideas? Thanks!
update: I added more logging and I've been able to determine that :
1) "Open zone calculator" successfully creates a launch request.
2) Anything other invocation that would require parsing to determine intent, e.g. "Ask zone calculator to look up", causes the "Sorry..." messages and the skill instance is not called at all. So the problem is happening at the Alexa NLP layers it would seem.
update 2: eliminating required slots resolves this problem. of course, that means the `Dialog` interface is not available.