question

fslDev avatar image
fslDev asked

Cause of “Hmm, something went wrong, try again in a few minutes.” or “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try in a little while”

I submitted my skill for certification and it was rejected because of the following interactions:

• User: Alexa, ask zone calculator to look up
  • Skill fails to reach the end-point and responds with “Hmm, something went wrong, try again in a few minutes.”

• User: Alexa, open zone calculator
  • Skill: Welcome to Zone Calculator. I will tell you the USPS postal zone for a pair of zipcodes.
  • User: get a zone
  • Skill fails to reach the end-point and responds with and responds with “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try in a little while”

Our beta testers are not able to reproduce those results. Edit: since rebuilding the model, we are now getting these same results.

The "Sorry..." messages are not emitted by the skill. It seems like they are occurring outside of the skill itself?

We are using the `Dialog` interface, so maybe it's something going wrong with that? The skill is hosted on Lambda.

Any ideas? Thanks!

update: I added more logging and I've been able to determine that :

1) "Open zone calculator" successfully creates a launch request.

2) Anything other invocation that would require parsing to determine intent, e.g. "Ask zone calculator to look up", causes the "Sorry..." messages and the skill instance is not called at all. So the problem is happening at the Alexa NLP layers it would seem.

update 2: eliminating required slots resolves this problem. of course, that means the `Dialog` interface is not available.

alexa skills kit
2 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm having the exact same issue. Was working fine all week and suddenly it now replies with "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try in a little while". Tried reconnecting the internet, changing languages, rolling back to old versions. Nothing works except the new session handler.

I'm supposed to present this skill in a couple of hours, so you can imagine the frustration.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pawan Mittal avatar image Pawan Mittal newuser-a156d644-7100-45e1-9046-ad365b440f71 ·

Same here. I have to present my skill on Monday as well. I am also tensed and spent weekend on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sid-amazon avatar image
Sid-amazon answered

You can resolve this issue by building your skill models again by clicking Build Model in Skill Builder (beta). Please post here if you have any more issues and we will monitor and provide assistance. We are also making sure that skills in certification are not rejected due to this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-a156d644-7100-45e1-9046-ad365b440f71 avatar image
newuser-a156d644-7100-45e1-9046-ad365b440f71 answered

So I'm having the same issue that has just started happening in the last 6 hours. I rebuilt a new skill from scratch and I have found that if I have any Intent slots set as required, all requests/intents other than the new session handler it will always trigger this response.

Is this a platform bug?

2 comments

Could be. I have the same issue. Also when testing the skills using text input i get the message 'Error: There was a failure invoking your skill with text input, please try again.'. This could relate. Maybe alexa strugles with interpreting the Dialog Interface.

0 Likes 0 ·

the dialog interface is not compatible with the text input tool. you will need to test w/ echosim etc and use cards / console logging for debugging

0 Likes 0 ·
vf-de avatar image
vf-de answered

Also have the same issue in last few hours, after updating a skill using the code editor. Reverting back to the old code and re-building did not help.

daTobi avatar image
daTobi answered

same problem here, alexa keeps saying "internal error, try again..."

1 comment

Same problem here, some skills work some don't

0 Likes 0 ·
LeoBong avatar image
LeoBong answered

Same problem for me. Only the "start <invocation name>" is working, anything else is not. I can still work by creating the JSON by my own on the service emulator, but it is quite long to test...

Stephen avatar image
Stephen answered

I modified my skill to disable all required slots and this error stopped??

1 comment

Yeah, seems to be a problem with the dialog interface

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-356932c9-95aa-4d19-8530-64aac3a8e4a5 avatar image
newuser-356932c9-95aa-4d19-8530-64aac3a8e4a5 answered

Same Problem for me as well! the only way to get it to work is by getting rid of all required slots. hopefully amazon fixes this soon.

paul avatar image
paul answered

Same issue with my skill

newuser-f51d19b0-f6a1-4dd5-ab6c-9fd4f313c75d avatar image
newuser-f51d19b0-f6a1-4dd5-ab6c-9fd4f313c75d answered

Same problem with my skill

newuser-e2cc6281-4b49-441e-9b26-204a73bc3b3d avatar image
newuser-e2cc6281-4b49-441e-9b26-204a73bc3b3d answered

Same issue for me