question

KenHowe avatar image
KenHowe asked ·

Universal Link for Alexa Companion App

From my App I want my users to be able to add a skill to their Alexa account. So I want to use a URI or Universal Link to launch the Amazon Alexa companion app and point it at my skill. I've seen other Apps doing this but I cannot find any reference for the universal link or any URI/App Links?

skillcompanion app
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KenHowe avatar image
KenHowe answered ·

Looking at the Amazon Universal Links file at https://www.amazon.com/apple-app-site-association file I don't think there is a Universal Link and poking about I've found that the URI Alexa:// will launch the App so now I just need to know how to get it to show my skill!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered ·

Users can enable skills through the skill's description page on Amazon.com. The link to that page is the best solution currently available.