question

kmanisali avatar image
kmanisali asked

Dialog interface keeps returning IN_progress after collected al requiered slots

Hi,

in our skills(tested with 2 different skills) dialog model starts working normally.

dialogState comes started when we call the intent. This intent has 3 slots all required. slot confirmation and intent confirmation is disabled. After 3 turns it collect all the slots (we can see in the request) but is sends dialogState still IN_progress. so we are keep sending delegate request.

tested with another skill and intent. Total 1 slot and required. this time intent confirmation is enabled.

it collects the slot ask for confirmation. but very oddly while it says intent is confirmed dialogStatus is still IN_PROGRESS. it is odd because i think it confirms intent after it collects all the required slots.

here is the last request sent to our end point.

Entry point-->{"context": {"AudioPlayer": {"playerActivity": "IDLE"}, "System": {"apiEndpoint": "https://api.amazonalexa.com", "application": {"applicationId": "XXXXX"}, "device": {"deviceId": "amzn1.ask.device.XXXX", "supportedInterfaces": {"AudioPlayer": {}}}, "user": {"userId": "amzn1.ask.account.XXXX"}}}, "request": {"dialogState": "IN_PROGRESS", "intent": {"confirmationStatus": "CONFIRMED", "name": "rtmcount", "slots": {"groups": {"confirmationStatus": "NONE", "name": "groups", "value": "services"}}}, "locale": "en-US", "requestId": "XXXXX", "timestamp": "2017-05-25T11:02:31Z", "type": "IntentRequest"}, "session": {"application": {"applicationId": "XXXXXX"}, "new": false, "sessionId": "XXXX", "user": {"userId": "amzn1.ask.account.XXXXXX"}}, "version": "1.0"}

alexa skills kitintents
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

Hi, thanks for the information, we're looking into this.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey Brian, have you come up with a solution to this problem? Still getting it a year later.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-9572f50d-992e-4616-8bfe-2ab39edf31c7 avatar image
newuser-9572f50d-992e-4616-8bfe-2ab39edf31c7 answered

I have a similar problem: I get the DONE state, but it needs an additional DELEGATE.

At the point where all slots are full the state is IN_PROGRESS. I send another DELEGATE and get immediately the request with the DONE-state. In my eyes the should only one request reach my backend as soon the slot gathering is done. Is this by design?

1 comment
10 |5000

kmanisali avatar image kmanisali commented ·

in my case i am always responding with delegate if it sees IM_PROGRESS. but if all slots are collected and if it sends me in progress and if i sent delegate aws returns invalid response error

0 Likes 0 ·
Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

Hi, could you share your dialog model itself from the new skill builder beta?

1 comment
10 |5000

Hey Nick, have you come up with a solution to this problem? Still getting it a year later.

0 Likes 0 ·
kmanisali avatar image
kmanisali answered

is that enough?

capture.jpg (94.6 KiB)
10 |5000

Edgar Treml avatar image
Edgar Treml answered

Any news on that topic? I have the same problem. All the slots are filled, the intent confirmation was lunched and confirmed. The confirmationStatus of the intent ist CONFIRMED, but the dialogState ist still IN_PROGRESS

10 |5000

newuser-5e98f75a-4908-4a7c-8571-71cf15707ac9 avatar image
newuser-5e98f75a-4908-4a7c-8571-71cf15707ac9 answered

I am facing the same issue. What is the solution to this? Is that a bug?

10 |5000

PaulM avatar image
PaulM answered

I am having the same problem. I also tried turning on confirmation for the intent, but that doesn't work either. I do get the confirmation questions and answer yes, but The returned JSON still has a dialogState of "IN_PROGRESS" and the confirmationStatus of the intent is "NONE".

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

10 |5000