question

newuser-73b30c07-9bff-4c4d-9272-4546105c82eb avatar image

Will I still get my advertising comission if user ...

Hi,

Let's assume the user clicks on the affiliate link mobile and gets redirected to the smartphones browser. He then realises he isn't logged in, leaves the browser and goes directly to the amazon app on his phone or even worse to the pc. Will I still get my advertising fee if he purchases the product there? If not, is there some way to change the Affiliate link in order to ensure that the user gets redirected to the app if it's installed? What can I do?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

mobile associates
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! Regrettably no, that won't be the case. That would require deep linking in the App for that, which at the moment is not supported, so the use case you described is not supported. The user has to go to that URL and stay in that session / and browse and make their purchases there. Thanks!

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

So the user will need to at least login on the mobile website and add the product to his cart in order for me to get attributed? Is there any indication when deeplinking+associatetag is supported?

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Yes, the user has to login on the website, and complete their purchase there, for you to get attributed. Regrettably, we don't discuss any plans for future products, services, or features, so we can't say when or if deep linking will be supported. Thanks!