question

newuser-c8ceef59-fa77-4399-af21-edb7e842e5ae avatar image

Merch Shirt Template Alignment Problem

Can anyone tell me which is more true to print, the Merch preview or the Illustrator template?

I designed a shirt with one line of text in Illustrator and aligned it to be in the front center of the chest area (above the pits). When I upload the image to Amazon Merch, the text is way lower in the preview (by the pits). I took a screen shot of this preview and took it back into Illustrator. I overlayed the Merch preview on top of the Illustrator template. It turns out that if you look at the silhouette of both the Illustrator template and the preview shirt in Merch, they line up perfectly. Including the sleeves. BUT, the neckline on the Merch preview is way lower than on the Illustrator template which is why the text is being pushed down. AMAZON, please fix this and make sure that all of your templates and previews match each other. Thank you.

merch by amazonhelpupload
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikey avatar image
mikey answered

Yeah, I have the same problem. I use photoshop myself, but from designing so many shirts now, I got use to it and know where to place my designs. The one I hate is all my shirts on the mock up before submitting are off center even tho I know for a fact they are centered.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Based on what you know, how should I line up my work then?

0 Likes 0 ·
ScottFromWyoming avatar image
ScottFromWyoming answered

"Martin Baker" reply flagged as spam 2 days ago but this old dead thread stays on page 1. I appreciate the effort to make the forum more useful, but there's still work to be done.