question

gundam212 avatar image
gundam212 asked

Temperature Query Alexa Response

For those of us who have multiple climate/thermostat devices, it find it odd that Alexa response when asked. "What is the bedroom temperature" referring to the bedroom thermostat with "The temperature inside is xx"

Per the Smart Home Skill documentation it should be as follows:

Example Utterances: “Alexa, what is the temperature of device name?”

Example Alexa Response: “According to device name, it’s 70 degrees”

If Alexa was responding per the documentation this would be substantially more intuitive for the user, especially for those of us wishing to query multiple thermostat devices.

responsedocumentation
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DJW avatar image
DJW answered

Agree - GetTemperatureReadingResponse not working like the documentation. I'm unable to figure out the voice query to make it work. She knows I have multiple thermostats when I say "Alexa, what is the temperature inside" - she actually tells me to ask again with the thermostat name. But specifying them by name (as per the documentation) doesn't work. GetTargetTemperatureRequest works fine, but that's not what we are looking for.

GetTemperatureReading seems broken.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

I'm investigating this behavior.

2 comments
10 |5000

Looks like as of two days ago it is more appropriately responding. Specifically, the response seems to be:

Utterance: "Alexa, what is the bedroom temperature."

Response: "It is xx degrees" or simply "xx degrees".

0 Likes 0 ·

Yup, it should be working as intended.

0 Likes 0 ·