question

bgemmill avatar image
bgemmill asked

rclone and acdcli?

It looks like rclone and acdcli have had their authorizations revoked from amazon cloud drive. As a maintainer of acdcli, is there something we can do or change on our end to rectify this? We'll be happy to fix/resubmit/work on whatever it takes.

amazon drivelogin with amazon
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I don't mean to come off as rude but can someone from Amazon please comment on this? I am a big user of Linux and since Amazon does not have a first-party app for this platform I am entirely reliant on these tools to access my data.

If Amazon won't grant rclone and / or acdcli new credentials I'd appreciate it if you'd consider opening up applications for the Amazon Drive API again, so I can access my data again using my own security profile.

2 Likes 2 ·
martin real avatar image
martin real answered

Yes please Amazon. Im now "cut off" from uploading my data

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-e06cfe70-3352-48c4-8f68-7cf9236ffa10 avatar image
newuser-e06cfe70-3352-48c4-8f68-7cf9236ffa10 answered

I have already turned off auto-renew for my Amazon Drive subscription until this gets resolved. It's ridiculous to block applications and legitimate customers without a warning.

10 |5000

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi all,

Regrettably, Amazon Drive no longer has third-party integration with rclone. You can use our Amazon Drive apps available for PC, Mac, iOS, or android to access and manage your files. To download these apps, go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/drive/app-download and select the platform you would like to use.

For computers using Linux you can use these third-party applications to access and manage your files.

Thanks!

5 comments
10 |5000

Can you please comment on acdcli? We understand the ban happened due to a security concern, and we'd like to address that by resubmitting the fixed oauth system for approval. If discussing security matters publicly is against policy, please reach out to us directly, since we'll be happy doing the work to fix this.

Additionally, both programs you linked to are not free. Is there a plan on supporting open source access to cloud drive?

1 Like 1 ·

Amazon's App for PC is terrible. It barely functions. I spent all day trying to get it to upload. It FINALLY just started to upload just now. RClone is significantly better software than your own. I simply cannot understand why you would block Rclone, when it is a phenomenal application that surpasses your own. I suggest you really fix your own software so its solid... or simply endorse Rclone as your official command line application and provide them with a way with satisifying your security concerns.

1 Like 1 ·

For linux the gsync (goodsync) program appears to work but you need to get the auth key from a windows Install, for non commerical use this appears to be free (but NOT open source)

A question. I was using acd_cli to get the MD5 signatures of my uploads which as stated appears to be blocked. Does anyone know of a command line amazon drive app that can dump the MD5 Signatures of all your files. Note I'm NOT asking how you upload a file and check the MD5 at that time, I just want the MD5 strings for files that are already on the drive (this was easy with acd_cli)

0 Likes 0 ·

Without acd_cli, I'm forced to abandon clouddrive without acd_cli it is completely unusable. You just lost 3 subscriptions. Congrats.

0 Likes 0 ·

@bgemmill -- Thanks; yes, if you are the developer of acd_cli, please login to your Amazon Developer Portal account and raise a "Contact Us" case. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcel avatar image
Marcel answered

Is the ban on rclone temporary ? Getting a client_id for rclone (as suggested somewhere) is probably a dead end if the intend is to block usage of CLI tools. As two months have passed, can Amazon comment if this is a temporary situation awaiting resubmission, or a permanent decision ?

(If it is for extreme usage concerns, then I would have appreciated other options : bandwidth limitations, number of accesses limitations, etc)

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for posting! As mentioned above, Amazon Drive no longer has third-party integration with rclone, and at the moment there are no plans to re-open that. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·