question

laynr avatar image
laynr asked

How to do OAuth testing without a device?

How can I test OAuth with out Tap/Echo/Dot device: <--- shall we say a TED device :) I am working on an OAuth skill and am at the point that I need a user to type in the credentials. However, I currently do not have an Echo/Dot/Tap (I do have a fire TV but I don't think the "Alexa" iOS app doesn't recognize it). Is it possible to test the redirect via the "Test" section in the developer portal or on the fire? Alternatively can I hardcode in a username password for testing? Also if someone has a open sample code for an OAuth skill please let me know. Thanks!
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi laynr, Thanks for posting! To test those more advanced features (such as account linking, etc), you will need a physical device. Hardcoded username and password will not be acceptable. As for a sample, please start here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/linking-an-alexa-user-with-a-user-in-your-system Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.