question

nkatz3 avatar image
nkatz3 asked

Skill was rejected for an intent not properly handling "num" slot. But steps they use to reproduce doesn't even invoke that intent...

A recent skill submission got denied because

'When invoking the “X” intent an invalid value provided for the “{num}” slot, the skill returns an error.'

This isn't true. Following the steps to reproduce it, It isn't invoking the X intent, it's invoking the Y intent, which responds with an error phrase (that I put in place) because you aren't supposed to invoke Y at this point. I cannot under any circumstances force the X intent to fill the num slot with anything but a number without manually editing the request in my lambda test event. No matter what I say, the interaction model always percieves an X intent as a Y intent if what was provided isn't a number. As a catch all, I check that the num slot is filled with a number before proceeding, but I don't know that this will fix their issue with my skill because it wasn't the actual problem that they were encountering.

How am I supposed to fix this problem when it isn't the one that is actually occurring...

alexa skills kitlambdaintentscertification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Oswald avatar image
Oswald answered

As this issue is specific to your account, please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further.

Regards,

Oswald

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.