question

newuser-dce93f41-d1e6-42a5-a296-85a62c2d43cf avatar image
newuser-dce93f41-d1e6-42a5-a296-85a62c2d43cf asked ·

How I create skill like conversation for example- Skill name 'Phone Solution' for Amazon Echo or dot

Dear Team,

We are in process of developing a conversational solution with Alexa skills that will run through Amazon Echo or Dot device. We have already developed lambda function based skill “Political Info” that was not the conversational. We did some study on your portal but did not found the way to develop this solution. We actually wants to design a solution where if any person ask to Alexa, then the Alexa API should come to our server for the response. Please guide us how to develop this. We are open in both Java and Node based solution.

This solution works like this:-

User - 'Hello Alexa ask 'Phone Solution' my phone is not working properly

Alexa - 'Which kind of problem you are facing in your phone'

user – “Internet is not working in my phone”

Alexa - 'Which phone you are using'

User - 'iPhone'

Alexa- “Which model of iPhone you are using”

User- “iPhone 7”

Alexa – OK, 'Check your Internet connection Go to setting check your Cellular data is ON or not '

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicevoice-user interfaceechohands-free api
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

In order for the user to interact in the way that you have demonstrated you will need to use a sample utterance that contains only a slot and then track the user's progress through the skill so that you will know which responses correspond to which variables.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.