question

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer asked

SFTP of screenshots not appearing in app dash board

Hi, I have been trying to use the sftp portal for uploading my "Images & Multimedia" assets and my Binary files. Everything works great expect the screen shots. I am certain that the files are named correctly.

Here is the output of the ls -l command I do before I disconnect from the sftp session:

sftp> ls -l
-rw-rwx---    1 username-redacted 1427        22803 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-ICON.png
-rw-rwx---    1 username-redacted 1427       286962 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-PROMO.png
-rwxrwx---    1 username-redacted 1427      1015818 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-SHOT01.png
-rwxrwx---    1 username-redacted 1427        97878 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-SHOT02.png
-rwxrwx---    1 username-redacted 1427        94633 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-SHOT03.png
-rw-rwx---    1 username-redacted 1427       250048 Apr 21 05:03 M1RI791NZFOG10-AD-THUMB.png
-rw-rwx---    1 username-redacted 1427     162014400 Apr 21 05:07 M1RI791NZFOG10-AMZAD_OTR_V1-release.apk

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug or know issue? Are the sftp instructions from the dash board incorrect?

Thanks!

app submission and updatesamazon developer portalupload
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! What is the package name for the app? See if you can upload if you rename your screenshot file to:

M1RI791NZFOG10-com.example.mytestapp-AD-SHOT01.png

where "com.example.mytestapp" is replaced with your app's package name. I believe the file name should include the ID (in your case, M1RI791NZFOG10), then the package name, and only then the "AD-SHOT01" part. Give it a try and see if it works. Alternatively, upload those screenshots via your web browser in Dev Portal. Thanks!

9 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I will try that. Just a note before I do. I do notice that the second screen shot sometimes appears in the "Images & Multimedia" tab for the app. :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Levon, I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I get the same result I was getting before. The second screen shot appears as well as the "small icon", "large icon", and "promotional image". The first, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh screen shot do not appear.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi there,

What FTP client are you using for upload? Have you tried a different client? Are all of your screenshots in the same format (all .png files, the same resolution, bit depth, etc.)? Did you receive a confirmation or error emails after uploading? Have you tried to upload those problematic screenshots manually via Dev Portal, and have you been successful with that? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for your reply Levon. Here are the answers to your latest questions.

• What FTP client am I using?

None I am using SFTP.

• Have I tried a different client?

No. Why would that matter? Did I mention that second screenshot *-*-AD-SHOT02.png always works? Seems like there is a bug in how the screenshot files are being processed on the backend.

• Are all of your screenshots in the same format (all .png files, the same resolution, bit depth, etc.)?

Yes all the screenshots are png with the same resolution and bit depth.

• Did I receive a confirmation or error emails after uploading?

I receive emails confirming that my application was successfully updated.

• Have I tried to upload those problematic screenshots manually via Dev Portal, and have I been successful with that?

I can successful upload the screenshots via the Dev Portal.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Levon,I submitted another app tonight. The 3 screen shots uploaded successful but appears out of order. The screen shot named *-AD-SHOT02.png appeared as the first screen show. The screen shot named *-AD-SHOT01.png appeared second and the screen shot named *-AD-SHOT03.png was third. I was able to adjust the order via the Dev Portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments