question

ErikAtPhunware avatar image
ErikAtPhunware asked

Very Erratic Built-In and Custom Slot behavior since yesterday EST

Hello guys, since yesterday all of the utterances that used to work stopped doing so for our skills. For example, I have an intent having two slots, A and B (A and B are not the literal slot names I'm just using it for this example), and utterances like the following.

Intent word {A} word {B} -> Works

Intent word {B} word {A} -> Works

Intent word {A} -> Does not work

Intent word {B} -> Does not work

The issue is not code related, and the reason I say that is because we have another account, pointing to the same lambda function that continue working as design. Wile troubleshooting and with the help of Cloud Watch logs shows that the intent request is never received, where if we use the skill from the other account, pointing to the same lambda function, and having exactly the same utterances / schema all intent requests works, and logs appear as well.

More than that, on the other account we modified an utterance, adding a word just to allow the save button to show and so that we could re-save our skill interaction model, and the same erratic behavior started occurring for that skill.

intentsechonode_js
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

We are aware of the issues that have been reported on this thread and are continuing to work on a fix. We will post on the main thread again when we have more information to share.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

Firstly, are you using the new graphical designer for alexa interactions.

Secondly, are you testing with a device or via the service simulator?

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi @Brian@Amazon,

We have faced very similar issue and we did more testing.

Application Id : amzn1.ask.skill.033e5268-57a3-4645-97ce-a00d967c9c5d

We are NOT using the new graphical designer for Alexa interactions,

We use Echo device to test.

1. We test our live skill on an Echo device:

• Intent word {A} other_word -> Works
  • Intent word {A} -> Does not work

2. Live Skill v.s. Skills Beta Testing on an Echo device:

• Live Skill : face #1 issue described above.
  • "Skills Beta Testing" : Not face #1 described above.
0 Likes 0 ·
ErikAtPhunware avatar image
ErikAtPhunware answered

We did enable the designer for a different skill to see how it look like, but not for the skill the ticket is about.

Testing is done using the device.

10 |5000

TSanders avatar image
TSanders answered

I seem to have the same issue. https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/67511/not-further-objects-sent-after-launchrequest.html#answer-67703

Not using the new graphical designer, but the problems appear to have begun after the graphical designer was introduced :(

10 |5000

Kyle avatar image
Kyle answered

Running into the exact problem - single slot intents were working great up until yesterday/today. Things like:

FoodIntent {Restaurant}

AcademicProgramIntent {Major}

But this type of intent works fine:

FoodIntent {FoodType} {Location}

FoodIntent {FoodType} {Restaurant}

I'm testing with an actual device and through the Skill tester on https://developer.amazon.com. I'm not using the new visual tools.

10 |5000

newuser-f067fd05-2ee1-4332-83a6-e2b1533e47e2 avatar image
newuser-f067fd05-2ee1-4332-83a6-e2b1533e47e2 answered

For the last few days I have been banging my head against wall trying a new skill (works on service simulator) Just tried the official "Hello World" example that worked as it is, a few months back and get

"There was a problem communicating with the requested skill"

You've broken it guys!

P

10 |5000

TSanders avatar image
TSanders answered

@Brian@Amazon an update on the status of this issue would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't fixed soon, I'm forced to discontinue the skill alltogether to prevent further frustrating our users.

10 |5000

newuser-7b6c860a-8a31-4082-9cce-4d04ce5a2ef9 avatar image
newuser-7b6c860a-8a31-4082-9cce-4d04ce5a2ef9 answered

Hi @Brian@Amazon,

We have faced very similar issue and we did more testing.

Application Id : amzn1.ask.skill.033e5268-57a3-4645-97ce-a00d967c9c5d

We are NOT using the new graphical designer for Alexa interactions,

We use Echo device to test.

1. We test our live skill on an Echo device:

• Intent word {A} other_word -> Works
  • Intent word {A} -> Does not work

2. Live Skill v.s. Skills Beta Testing on an Echo device:

• Live Skill : face #1 issue described above.
  • "Skills Beta Testing" : Not face #1 described above.
10 |5000

chriton avatar image
chriton answered

I have the same issue, 1 word utterances are not working anymore, they worked before.

10 |5000