question

chris lies avatar image
chris lies asked

How do I circumvent the timeout when using Lambda?

I've seen multiple threads on want control over the timeout, but nothing is available yet. I've got a Lambda function that makes a call to a REST API which typically takes longer than 3 seconds to return. How in the world do I keep the echo session going while waiting for my request?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, It is not possible to configure the Echo timeout, but if you are running into issues near the limit you may need to rethink some of your application design and paradigms. Most REST calls do not take that long to respond, so it might be worth seeing if you can do some sort of local caching or maybe changing the application design so you have a bit more time to do one of the queries for the user. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chris lies avatar image
chris lies answered
Thanks. I looked at some things for a different angle and was able to get them working.
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
Please mark your question as answered if Nick answered your question.
10 |5000