question

newuser-f62b4b36-8696-4e63-9da5-cbf6f674999a avatar image
newuser-f62b4b36-8696-4e63-9da5-cbf6f674999a asked ·

Creating RSS content feed on AWS for Alexa Flash Briefing Skill

New to AWS and not really a developer. Flash briefing setup seems very straight forward, but I'm not really finding anything on "how" to create my own RSS feed for use in the flash briefing skill setup. Everything seems to assume I already have a feed to use...

I have my own .mp3 audio file, and have found JSON code examples in the Flash Briefing Skill API Feed Reference, but what I am missing is the "where" and "how" to do this.

It seems that I upload this code to some Lambda service, blueprint, or something, but which one?

Also assuming the .mp3 file would live in S3?

Have been searching for days on how to create a seemingly simple RSS content feed (either audio or text) in AWS, but to no avail.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

how-toflash briefing
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·

For your MP3 files, S3 is generally a great option. Means you don't have to worry about storage or transport.

Sadly there's no real good answer to your question which doesn't involve programming on your part. You will probably have to set up something with a Lambda function which takes all your audio URLs and combines them into a valid JSON feed.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

railtheberm avatar image
railtheberm answered ·

Fireside.fm is a podcast platform like Libsyn but is all HTTPS. Libsyn still uses HTTP.