question

joexpert avatar image
joexpert asked

Custom Skill linked with Voice Service?

I created Custom Skill and a Voice Service. I'm able to run my device (raspberry pi) at home, and issues alexa commands..etc. ; however I can't invoke my custom-skill through this device. How do I associate it with my Voice Service? (This should all be for "TESTING" at this point).

The "Custom Skill" is "Enabled" on the "TEST" page "This skill is enabled for testing on your account.". It works on the "TEST" page of my skill.

I tried to submit my "Custom Skill" to Amazon for "CERTIFICATION" but they denied it thinking it was still in "testing" ... and it is. So please advise... thanks!

skilldevicesservice simulator
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

elstryan@Amazon avatar image
elstryan@Amazon answered

Are you logged onto your raspberry pi using your developer account? I.e. the same account that you logged onto to developer.amazon.com to set the Testing to Enabled?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joexpert avatar image
joexpert answered

Yes, I'm logged in with same account (in both instances: #1 the Alexa Service and #2 the skill) I don't know how to get the skill to show up for the service... any thoughts?

1 comment

I know this is probably a stupid question, but you've gone into the skills section of alexa.amazon.com and enabled the skill, right? You still need to search for it in order to find it.

0 Likes 0 ·